“True joy results when we become aware of our connectedness to everything.” — Paul Pearsall
The village Garden
Our school garden is a powerful learning tool. Through gardening, students become responsible caretakers and have the opportunity to engage in agriculture and cultivation on a small scale. They explore the interdependence of living and nonliving things and learn how fruits and vegetables support a healthy lifestyle. We then celebrate the success of the students’ hard work by harvesting the fruits and vegetables they have grown.
“Learning is not the product of teaching. Learning is the product of the activity of learners.”
– John Holt
– John Holt
Spaces in our Village
Our school garden is a powerful learning tool. Through gardening, students become responsible for gardeners and have the opportunity to engage in agriculture and cultivation on a small scale. They explore the interdependence of living and non-living things and how fruits and vegetables support a healthy lifestyle. When students harvest the food they have grown it is a celebratory moment of their hard work and learning of agriculture. Harvesting fruits and vegetables that children have worked so hard to grow teaches them how important their role is in the production of food that feeds them and their families.
Culture & Diversity
At The Global Village, diversity is seen as a strength and a positive aspect of our lives as well as an essential part of our education. All members of our community recognize the fact that diversity exists in the languages we speak, the colors of our skin, our age and gender, the traditions we observe, and the structures of our families. We believe that our separate customs, beliefs, and choices of expression help to define us as individuals and that our commitment to learning about one another and the larger world unites us as a community.
To Your Child…
- You will have voice and choice at school.
- You will find joy in learning and exploring your interests.
- You will be respected by all members of the community and loved for who you are.
- You will be challenged and be supported to find success.
To You as a Parent…
- You will be a respected and valued member of our community.
- Your voice and opinion will matter.
- The safety of your child will always be our top concern.
- We will always work collaboratively with you to ensure your child is happy, healthy and thriving.